Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Welcome!

I wish I thought to start this about a year ago. Although I'm not sure 1) you would have really wanted to read about the "joys" of pregnancy (and when I say "joys," it's not literal), 2) I really wanted to chronicle my pregnancy. Honestly, I didn't enjoy being pregnant. Yes, growing life was cool...blah, blah, blah...but all in all, I didn't like it. I was sick most of the time, had heartburn so bad it was like a blow torch shooting down my esophagus, and I just felt fat all the time. I did gain about 50 pounds, so I wasn't too far off.
But I digress. This isn't about what happened before our lives were turned upside down. It's about what I like to call Mr. Elliot's Wild Ride. Yes, I stole that from Disney. He's now 6 1/2 months old. Where the time has gone, I have no earthly idea. I see tiny little babies around and can't imagine that he was that small, but he was. He's now 20 pounds and about 27 inches. A respective 75th percentile and 50th percentile. There are no rolls on this child. He is solid. We have a freakishly strong (more on this later), spirited, flirtatiously social, curly, red-haired child. And who knew Keith and I could create something so incredibly adorable. My fear is that IF we decided to have another, we've already used up all the cuteness we had stored up.
Anyway, I will try my best to keep you updated on all the goings on around our house. There will be pictures and hopefully video clips for your enjoyment. Please feel free to comment, question, and suggest. It will only make the site that much better.

No comments: